Trained for Tourism
The role of the Malta Tourism Authority (MTA) includes:
- To promote Malta as a tourism destination,
- To advise Government on tourism operations and to issue licences,
- To improve the level of human resources in the tourism industry; and
- To advise government on the planning and development of the tourism industry.
The Quality & HR Development Unit, within the MTA, is committed to developing people in tourism. How?
- Promote tourism as a service industry, which means giving an excellent service to tourists
- Responsible for the development of human resources
- Build a strong relationship with employment, education and training institutions
- Implement EU-funded projects related to human resource development