Star Service Awards
Trained for Tourism
The Malta Tourism Authority STAR Awards
The STAR SerThe Malta Tourism Authority STAR Awards
The STAR Service Awards are an important initiative through which the Malta Tourism Authority is able to give public recognition to all those who work directly or indirectly in the tourism industry. The process is completely tourist-driven and as an incentive for tourists to participate the MTA offers a free holiday back to Malta to one lucky winner. For full details on the nomination process please view the Frequently Asked Questions.
Establishments interested in participating in the STAR Service Awards may collect STAR nomination forms free of charge from the MTA Head Office in Valletta. Nomination forms - may also be delivered directly to establishments. Kindly contact the Quality & HR Development Unit for more details.
STAR Service Awards 2015
The 11th edition of the STAR Awards was held on the 25th February 2016 at the Mediterranean Conference Centre. 8 STARS were awarded for excellence in service, whilst the finalists received recognition. This was a result of approximately 7000 nominations received from tourists during 2015. A recognition award was given to Mr. Stuart Burke for his contribution to the tourism industry.
The winners of the STAR Awards for 2015 are:
- Paulina Kurowska – Diving Instructor, Paradise Diving Centre
- Anthony Fenech – Coach Driver, Zarb Coaches
- Francis Apap – Taxi Driver
- Doreen Scicluna – Falconer, Malta Falconry Centre
- Sonia Teuma – Front Office, Maria Giovanna Guest House. Gozo
- Charles Abela – Restaurant Manager, The Victoria Hotel
- Barbara Pucciarmati – Sales Representative, Tours Information
- Anna Aquilina – Tourist Guide
- Theresa Taliana – Hotel Worker of the Year, Pergola Hotel & Spa
- Stuart Burke – Recognition Award